MY CUISINE !!!!

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

BIRANJI


My hometown Ranebennur is very famous for Biranji. There are many Biranji Special Hotels, where it is served with Badanekayi Yennegayi. Yummy!



My mother is wellknown among our relatives for her special Biranji. I dedicate this post to my mom, who taught me to cook this delicious dish.




Ingredients:-
Rice- 1 cup
Butter- 1/4 lb
Dry red Chillies- 8-10 nos
Garlic-10 cloves
Cinnamon- 1 stick
Clove- 3 nos
Grated dry coconut- 1/2 cup
Mustard - 1tsp
Curry leaves
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves
Cashew-roasted

Procedure:-

  • Take a thick bottomed vessel, place butter in it and heat.

  • When butter starts to boil, add mustard, curry leaves,chillies, garlic.

  • Fry it until garlic turns to golden brown.

  • Then add powdered cinnamon and clove.

  • Add 2 cups of water (1 rice:2 water) and 1tsp salt.

  • When water starts boiling add washed and drained rice.

  • Cook on medium flame till done.

  • Sprinkle grated dry coconut.

  • Garnish with cashew, coriander leaves.

  • Serve hot with Badanekayi yennegayi.

3 comments:

Shailu said...

hey shalu and myself .. wanted to make biranji.. these days!! good to see the recipe here.....

Annapurna said...

try it, its easy to make n tasty.

Shashiy said...

Love to see this post,I realy miss this,but always my favourite one.