MY CUISINE !!!!

Sunday, January 4, 2009

PUMPKIN PIE


I wish all my blog readers " A Very Happy & Prosperous New Year", May 2009 bring good health, wealth and happiness to all of us.

I made pumpkin pie for new year, my hubby was desparate to cut the pie before I offer it to my camera God! thats why u see a slit in the pie :)))

Ingredients:-

Unbaked deep dish pie crust -1 (9 ")
Sugar -3/4 cup
Ground cinnamon -1 tsp
Salt -1/2 tsp
Ground ginger -1/2 tsp
Ground cloves -1/4 tsp
Eggs -2 Nos.
Pumpkin- 1 medium sized
Evaporated Milk -12 oz can (Nestle Carnation is preffered)

Procedure:-
  • Cut pumpkin into 2 halves, and pressure cook (2-whistles will be enough).
  • Remove the outer skin from cooked pumpkin.
  • Beat the cooked pumpkin in blender( qty shd be around 3 cups).
  • Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl.
  • Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell.
  • Preheat oven to 425 F.
  • Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 F, bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
  • Serve immediately or refrigerate.

1 comment:

Dav DiDi said...

Wow.. so much recipe in your blogs ... hhmmm, makes me excited about baking something again ... yummy!