MY CUISINE !!!!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

AKKI ROTTI

Everyday I have to pack lunch for my hubby, Usually I give him chapathi. He is bugged up with chapathi and asked me to make something else. Shortly I am going to decide on a menu frm Mon thru Friday, Two days chapathi, two days rice variety and one day akki rotti. Making Akki rotti takes more time, cant make them in the morning, i mean before my DH leaves to office. If i make them at night and keep, they turn hard by the time he eats. My aunt gave me an idea of rolling roti and keeping them in fridge, Just roast them on the tava when needed. Now i am doing the same thing. I roll rotis at night and keep them in fridge, next day morning I roast them and pack. Rotis will be fresh and soft.

To make 10 Rotis:-

Ingredients :-
Rice Flour -1 lb
Water - 2 cups
salt - a pinch

Procedure:-
  • Pour water in a vessel, add salt, bring water to boil.
  • Add 1/2 lb of flour, allow it to bake for 10 mins.
  • Stir properly to break lumps, remove the vessel from heat.
  • When it is warm, add remaining flour and knead well.
  • Make even sized dough balls.
  • Dust the rolling board with flour and roll the balls with roller pin.
  • Put roti on a hot tava/ griddle, brush the top surface with water.
  • Roast for few seconds until the top begins to puff.
  • Turn the roti and again roast until it puffs , then remove from tava.
  • Serve hot/cold with palya and chutney.

No comments: