MY CUISINE !!!!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

CHAKKULI / CHAKKALI

Chakkuli/ Chakkali is my all time favourite snack. My mom always used to ask me what i wish to eat on my Birthday, I always used to ask for Chakkali and Jamoon. Chakkali is a default snack during deepavali and Ugadi. My mom's version of chakkali is very tedious but here is the easiest way of making crispy chakkali.

Ingredients:-

Rice flour- 2 cups
Besan flour- 1 cup
White sesame seeds- 2 tsp
Ajwain- 1/2 tsp
Red chilli pwdr- 2 tsp
Oil- 1 tbsp for making dough
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying

Procedure:-
  • Dry mix rice flour, besan, white sesame seeds, red chilli pwdr, salt and ajwain.
  • Add 1 tbsp hot oil , it makes chakkali crispy.
  • Prepare dough by adding required qty of water.


  • Take a dough ball, place it in chakkali maker and press as shown in picture.


  • Deep fry in oil till golden color.
  • Store chakkali in air tight container.


No comments: